French Toast with Apple Cinnamon Topping
Sauteed apples add a seasonal touch to rich French toast. It’s the perfect treat for a Saturday morning in October.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apple, brown sugar and cinnamon in 1
- tablespoon butter until apple is tender.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Dip both sides of
- bread in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook
- bread on both sides until golden brown. Serve with apple mixture and
- maple syrup if desired. Yield: 2 servings.