French Toast with Apple Cinnamon Topping Recipe
Sauteed apples add a seasonal touch to rich French toast. It’s the perfect treat for a Saturday morning in October.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the apple, brown sugar and cinnamon in 1 tablespoon butter until apple is tender.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Dip both sides of each bread slice in egg mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook bread on both sides until golden brown. Serve with apple mixture and, if desired, maple syrup. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC