- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apple, brown sugar and cinnamon in 1 tablespoon butter until apple is tender.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Dip both sides of each bread slice in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook bread on both sides until golden brown. Serve with apple mixture and, if desired, maple syrup. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for French Toast with Apple Cinnamon Topping
"Loved this recipe! I did use a Tbsp of Sugar Free Maple Syrup per serving and it was delicious. To save time on a busy morning and to not waste a loaf of French bread, I've made all the slices of French Toast and tossed them in the freezer. Just have to make the apple topping and reheat the French Toast - quick yummy breakfast!"