As teachers, my husband and I rarely have time for breakfast during the week. So we look forward to relaxing breakfasts with our daughters on weekends. The cinnamon bread in this recipe is a nice variation.
Recommended: 50 Secret Recipes for Classic Diner Foods
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 12 slices cinnamon bread
- Kiwifruit and starfruit, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on six slices bread; top with remaining slices to make six sandwiches.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture. Fry on a lightly greased skillet until golden brown on both sides. Garnish with kiwi and star fruit if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as French Toast Supreme in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p35
Reviews for French Toast Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2015
"Really good--very rich! Will make this again, but only on special occasions!"
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2014
"W O W ! ! ! These are delicious! ! !"
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2009
"these were delicious!!!"