French Toast Sticks Recipe
These French toast sticks are handy to have in the freezer for a hearty breakfast in an instant. They're great for buffets because they can be eaten on the go. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 slices day-old Texas toast
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Maple syrup
- 1. Cut each piece of bread into thirds; place in an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread; soak for 2 minutes, turning once. If desired, coat bread with cornflake crumbs on all sides.
- 2. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container or resealable freezer bag and store in the freezer.
- 3. To use frozen French toast sticks: Place desired number on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes. Turn; bake 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve with syrup. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC