French Toast Sandwiches
I dip my French Toast Sandwiches into eggnog to give them a distinctive flavor and serve them on Christmas. They've become a tasty holiday tradition for the family to enjoy while we sit around the table opening our stocking gifts. —Deborah Fagan, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Place two slices of Canadian bacon and one slice of cheese on each of
- six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Place eggnog in a
- shallow dish. Dip sandwiches in eggnog.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter. Toast
- sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides, adding
- butter if necessary. Serve with strawberry preserves.
- Yield: 6 servings.