French Toast Sandwiches Recipe
I dip my French Toast Sandwiches into eggnog to give them a distinctive flavor and serve them on Christmas. They've become a tasty holiday tradition for the family to enjoy while we sit around the table opening our stocking gifts. —Deborah Fagan, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1. Place two slices of Canadian bacon and one slice of cheese on each of six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Place eggnog in a shallow dish. Dip sandwiches in eggnog.
- 2. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Serve with strawberry preserves. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC