- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Place two slices of Canadian bacon and one slice of cheese on each of six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Place eggnog in a shallow dish. Dip sandwiches in eggnog.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Serve with strawberry preserves. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for French Toast Sandwiches
"OMG, this is so good..making this for my mom and boyfriend on Easter morning..."
"I can't tell you how many times we've made this as it's that successful and delicious!!! We're going to make homemade eggnog so it doesn't have to be a season treat! Tasty with or without the preserves, but they do add a nice sweet touch to the saltiness of the Canadian bacon."
"This is to die for!! I made this for a ladies brunch at my home and everyone wanted the recipe. Twelve ladies still talk about this delicious brunch at my home. A real hit for me."
"I changed a few things when I made this, I used ham slices and ketchup instead of strawberry preserves, and canadian bacon."
"Re: I love french toast and eggnog,I will certainly try it. Thanksdianec"