Convenience is a part of the recipe when you start with packaged frozen French toast. You can make your own if you prefer. It's fabulous either way.—Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 packages (12-1/2 ounces each) frozen French toast
- 1/2 pound thin sliced deli ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded three-cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 cup granola with raisins
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and brown sugar; refrigerate until serving. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer six slices French toast, ham, 1-1/2 cups cheese and remaining French toast. Spread with pie filling and sprinkle with granola. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as French Toast Lasagna in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p279
Reviews for French Toast Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2013
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2011
"This makes a wonderful Sunday Brunch...the kids love this "lasagna" for breakfast"