Convenience is a part of the recipe when you start with packaged frozen French toast. You can make your own if you prefer. It's fabulous either way.—Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 packages (12-1/2 ounces each) frozen French toast
- 1/2 pound thin sliced deli ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded three-cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 cup granola with raisins
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and brown sugar; refrigerate until serving. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer six slices French toast, ham, 1-1/2 cups cheese and remaining French toast. Spread with pie filling and sprinkle with granola. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as French Toast Lasagna in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p279
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for French Toast Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2013
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2011
"This makes a wonderful Sunday Brunch...the kids love this "lasagna" for breakfast"