French Toast for 90
French Toast for 90 comes from Kathleen Hall of Lakeview, Oregon. "When I made this at our senior center, the folks were very pleased," she reports.
90 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min.
- 9 unsliced loaves (1 pound each) day-old French bread
- 9 dozen eggs
- 2-1/2 gallons milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound butter, melted
- Confectioners' sugar
- Slice bread into 3/4-in. pieces; arrange in 18 greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dishes. Beat eggs; add milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix
- well. Pour about 3 cups over bread in each pan. Cover and chill 8
- hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Dust
- with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 90 servings (2 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 246 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 281 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.