- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 slices day-old white bread
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt; set aside. Spread preserves on four slices of bread; top with the remaining bread. Trim crusts; cut each sandwich into three strips.
- Dip both sides in egg mixture. Cook on a lightly greased hot griddle for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for French Toast Fingers
Sort By :
"Can this recipe be cooked and then frozen"
"I add a teaspoon of vanilla to enrich the flavor. For Jeanelle just eat 2 not 3 sticks. That is equivalent to 1 and 1/3 slices of bread."
"Very good recipe."
"Made these for camping. Followed directions, but added cream cheese and apricot jam. Froze on baking sheet,then bagged and labeled.At camp, I got my electric skillet outside, browned some sausage links --- while fingers thawed some. Then I slid the sausages to the outer edges of skillet and browned the french toast fingers. Enjoyed by young and old alike. Thanks for the idea."
"I am not sure how this can be catagorized as a diabetic recipe with 42 carbs per serving? I can only have 30 carbs per meal so this will not work for me"