Bite-size French toast "fingers" are great for a buffet…and kids love them. —Mavis Diment, Marcus, Iowa
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 slices day-old white bread
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt; set aside. Spread preserves on four slices of bread; top with the remaining bread. Trim crusts; cut each sandwich into three strips.
- Dip both sides in egg mixture. Cook on a lightly greased hot griddle for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as French Toast Fingers in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p18
Reviews for French Toast Fingers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review