- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 slices day-old white bread
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt; set aside. Spread preserves on four slices of bread; top with the remaining bread. Trim crusts; cut each sandwich into three strips.
- Dip both sides in egg mixture. Cook on a lightly greased hot griddle for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for French Toast Fingers
Sort By :
Can this recipe be cooked and then frozen
I add a teaspoon of vanilla to enrich the flavor. For Jeanelle just eat 2 not 3 sticks. That is equivalent to 1 and 1/3 slices of bread.
Very good recipe.
Made these for camping. Followed directions, but added cream cheese and apricot jam. Froze on baking sheet,then bagged and labeled.
At camp, I got my electric skillet outside, browned some sausage links --- while fingers thawed some. Then I slid the sausages to the outer edges of skillet and browned the french toast fingers. Enjoyed by young and old alike. Thanks for the idea.
I am not sure how this can be catagorized as a diabetic recipe with 42 carbs per serving? I can only have 30 carbs per meal so this will not work for me
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >