- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Dot with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for French Toast Casserole
Sort By :
Really enjoyed your recipe, was just like having a piece of cinnamon sugar toast.
Super easy to make! I followed others' suggestions and used less liquid , left it overnight in a plastic bag and removed the foil for about ten minutes to crisp the top. A big hit with the family!
I also used about ¾ of the liquid and placed the bread in a bag with the liquid over night. Super delicious! everyone raved about it!!
a great version of the french toast casserole. Love the cinnamon and sugar. Easy, overnight recipe. Wonderful addition to a family brunch.
Took this to a pot luck brunch and it was very well received. Super easy to prepare and love that it's prepped the night before. I agree, maybe a bit less liquid - perhaps 1/4-1/2 cup less milk. Otherwise,i would have given it 5 stars. I used a blueberry French bread and it was awesome. Because of the blueberry, I opted to use less cinnamon and added nutmeg to compliment the berry flavor. I also added some powdered sugar after it was baked to make it look a little prettier. Some who ate it chose to add a little blueberry syrup , others maple and some thought it was great without syrup. Everyone liked it and so did I!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >