French Toast Casserole
Cinnamon and sugar top this fuss-free fare that tastes like French toast. Since you assemble it the previous night, you save time in the morning. —Sharyn Adams, Crawfordsville, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large
- bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over
- bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Dot with butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 223 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium,