French Toast Bake Recipe
"If you like blueberries and pecans, you'll love this take on a breakfast favorite," writes Melissa Winona of Salt Lake City, Utah. "I assemble it the night before. Then I bake it in the morning to surprise my roommates, who finish it in one sitting."
- 12 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick)
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. Arrange bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle pecans over egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining sugar; drizzle over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with blueberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 573 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for French Toast Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC