French Tarragon Burgers Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons chopped shallot, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) unsliced French bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, 1 teaspoon shallot, tarragon and garlic; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut bread into six 4-in. lengths (save remaining bread for another use). Cut bread pieces in half horizontally; set aside.
- 3. Crumble beef into a large bowl; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining shallot. Shape into six patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 4. Grill bread, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Spread with mayonnaise mixture. Layer bread bottoms with greens and burgers. Replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger equals 861 calories, 51 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,414 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.