French-Style Green Beans
These beans are one of my favorite side dishes. I serve them at our church steak dinner. A smattering of onions can be used to pep up the mild flavor of the beans.Hope Meece, Ambia, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute almonds in butter for 1-2 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Add beans and salt; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 149 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.