- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium unpeeled apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons apple cider or juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the broth, apples, onion, 3 tablespoons cider, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining cider until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Top with chicken; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for French-Style Chicken
Sort By :
"My family loves this meal. It is a quick and yummy meal for autumn evenings or cold winter nights."
"Simple and tasty, but not for the traditional (meaning my kids don't like it). Served with sweet potatoes, this is a great healthy dish that feels like you're indulging."