French Silk Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream and chocolate curls, optional
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- Line shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 2 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and eggs until well blended. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Cool to lukewarm (90°), stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate mixture; beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- In another large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into crust. Chill for at least 6 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for French Silk Pie(17)
Sort By :
It must have been good, because they ate it all before I could get a piece. :) Thanks for recommending to double the filling. I did and it filled the crust perfectly.
I've made this one twice. It's sort of dense, but very creamy!
Pretty time consuming but it's my husbands favorite!
To make this super easy, I doubled the chocolate and made it with Cool Whip instead of whipping the cream. I made mine with an Oreo crust, my family whoofed it down!! I should have made 2 for thanksgiving, it went faster than the pumpkin pie and for my family...that says alot!!
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Silk Pie >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >