French Silk Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream and chocolate curls, optional
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- Line shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 2 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and eggs until well blended. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Cool to lukewarm (90°), stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate mixture; beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- In another large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into crust. Chill for at least 6 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for French Silk Pie(18)
Sort By :
This French Pie is the worst thing I have ever consumed. It's yucky
It must have been good, because they ate it all before I could get a piece. :) Thanks for recommending to double the filling. I did and it filled the crust perfectly.
I've made this one twice. It's sort of dense, but very creamy!
Pretty time consuming but it's my husbands favorite!
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Silk Pie >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >