French Quarter Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion and garlic. Transfer to a serving plate; shape into a 6-in. disk. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- Cool slightly. Spoon over cheese mixture. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for French Quarter Cheese Spread
Sort By :
the best! make it every year at the holidays.
I made this three years ago, and I'm still getting requests for the recipe! I made it exactly as is.
Positively addictive - I made this three times in one week! I used neufchatel (1/3 fat cream cheese) with good results. Next time I will try fat-free. I also used minced dried onion rather than grated fresh onion - it tasted best when the onions were reconstituted in a bit of warm water for about 10 minutes and then drained before adding to cream cheese. I also used brown mustard rather than yellow.
So delicious! This will become a stand-by for get-togethers, I'm sure.
I have made this recipe for numerous gathering & it is always the first app to go! For a progressive dinner I made the cream cheese portion the night before, molding it onto my serving platter. I melted the brown sugar & butter mixture in a pan that night as well and put it in the fridge. About an hour before serving I took out the cream cheese to let it come to room temp. I heated up the brown sugar mixture for a couple minutes on the stove, added the pecans and poured it over! Done! You won't be disappointed!!
I have had nothing but requests for this recipe. Thank you for sharing. It was enjoyed by all.