- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion and garlic. Transfer to a serving plate; shape into a 6-in. disk. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- Cool slightly. Spoon over cheese mixture. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for French Quarter Cheese Spread
"Sweet, Tangy and Nutty. Makes this one a winner. I do not care for Dark Brown sugarso I used light * Wonderful results. I'll will be serving this one again. I know our family and friends will really enjoy this simple little recipe.JanieTaste of Home volunteer Field Editorl"
"Love the combo of sweet and tangy. Disappeared quickly at a family gathering"
"This is a family favorite for all our family gatherings!! It's a must!"
"Probably one of my favorite new appetizer recipes. I took to a family reunion and everyone loved. We do appes for Christmas Eve and now will be there every year, absolutely yummy! Good with ritz, wheat thins."