- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion and garlic. Transfer to a serving plate; shape into a 6-in. disk. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- Cool slightly. Spoon over cheese mixture. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for French Quarter Cheese Spread
"Sweet, Tangy and Nutty. Makes this one a winner. I do not care for Dark Brown sugarso I used light * Wonderful results. I'll will be serving this one again. I know our family and friends will really enjoy this simple little recipe.JanieTaste of Home volunteer Field Editorl"
"Love the combo of sweet and tangy. Disappeared quickly at a family gathering"
"This is a family favorite for all our family gatherings!! It's a must!"
"the best! make it every year at the holidays."
"I made this three years ago, and I'm still getting requests for the recipe! I made it exactly as is."
"Positively addictive - I made this three times in one week! I used neufchatel (1/3 fat cream cheese) with good results. Next time I will try fat-free. I also used minced dried onion rather than grated fresh onion - it tasted best when the onions were reconstituted in a bit of warm water for about 10 minutes and then drained before adding to cream cheese. I also used brown mustard rather than yellow.So delicious! This will become a stand-by for get-togethers, I'm sure."
"I have made this recipe for numerous gathering & it is always the first app to go! For a progressive dinner I made the cream cheese portion the night before, molding it onto my serving platter. I melted the brown sugar & butter mixture in a pan that night as well and put it in the fridge. About an hour before serving I took out the cream cheese to let it come to room temp. I heated up the brown sugar mixture for a couple minutes on the stove, added the pecans and poured it over! Done! You won't be disappointed!!"
"I have had nothing but requests for this recipe. Thank you for sharing. It was enjoyed by all."