- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion and garlic. Transfer to a serving plate; shape into a 6-in. disk. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- Cool slightly. Spoon over cheese mixture. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for French Quarter Cheese Spread
Sort By :
"This is a family favorite for all our family gatherings!! It's a must!"
"Probably one of my favorite new appetizer recipes. I took to a family reunion and everyone loved. We do appes for Christmas Eve and now will be there every year, absolutely yummy! Good with ritz, wheat thins."
"the best! make it every year at the holidays."
"I made this three years ago, and I'm still getting requests for the recipe! I made it exactly as is."