French Potato Salad
Here's an easy-to-make potato salad that features a fresh, zippy tarragon dressing instead of the traditional mayonnaise. This is one of my husband's favorite recipes. I like to bring along a large bowlful for picnics, potlucks and backyard barbecues.Cheryl Ruhr, Brookfield, Missouri
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes and onion. In a jar with tight-fitting
- lid, combine the oil, vinegar, tarragon, chives, salt and pepper;
- shake well. Pour over potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Let
- stand 1 hour. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 198 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.