Here's an easy-to-make potato salad that features a fresh, zippy tarragon dressing instead of the traditional mayonnaise. This is one of my husband's favorite recipes. I like to bring along a large bowlful for picnics, potlucks and backyard barbecues.—Cheryl Ruhr, Brookfield, Missouri
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes and onion. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, tarragon, chives, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Let stand 1 hour. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as French Potato Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p41
Reviews for French Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review