- occasionally. Stir in the thyme, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Combine the flour and broth until blended. Gradually stir into onion
- mixture. Stir in the beer, wine, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce,
- brandy, pepper, salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bread on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Top each with a cheese
- slice; broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly
- browned. Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with cheese-topped toast.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.