French Onion Pan Rolls Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. Divide the bread dough into 20 portions; shape each into a ball. In a shallow bowl, combine cheese and soup mix. Place butter in another shallow bowl.
- 2. Roll each ball in butter, then in the cheese mixture. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from dish to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 20 rolls.
1 each: 188 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for French Onion Pan Rolls
"have made them for company twice now and everyone loves them"
"We absolutly love this receipe. The only change I make is, instead of using the frozen bread dough, I use the frozen bread rolls. This saves from have to thaw out the bread first and I get equal size rolls. I put the frozen rolls in the butter and dry mixture like normal then let it go for about 3 - 4 hours until it is doubled. Baking time is a little less but it is still really good."
"What an easy way to turn ordinary rolls into a unique, flavorful treat. Goes great with any type of dinner."