French Onion Pan Rolls
A crusty topping of Parmesan cheese and onion soup mix adds lots of flavor to these golden brown rolls from Anne Prince of Elkhorn, Wisconsin. "They're great with a bowl of soup or a salad," she says. "I sometimes use frozen rolls to make preparation even easier."
20 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Divide the bread dough into 20 portions; shape each into a ball. In a
- shallow bowl, combine cheese and soup mix. Place butter in another
- shallow bowl.
- Roll each ball in butter, then in the cheese mixture. Arrange in a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm
- place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- dish to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 20 rolls.