French Onion Meat Loaf
As a teacher and farm wife, I'm always looking for quick and easy menu ideas, especially during planting and harvesting seasons. I keep the ingredients on hand for this simple-to-prepare meat loaf. - Jan Peters, Chandler, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 package (6 ounces) crushed beef-flavored stuffing mix
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, soup and contents of stuffing
- package; mix well. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape
- into a loaf in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 8 servings.
If cooking for two, shape the meat mixture for the French Onion Meat Loaf into two-smaller loaves, instead of one large one. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Enjoy one loaf and freeze the other to reheat later.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 304 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 749 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.