French Onion Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk, 1/3 cup butter and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in potato flakes. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and onion dip. Stir into potatoes. Add garlic salt.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over the top. Sprinkle with paprika. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 307 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for French Onion Mashed Potatoes
"Very good. I made these for Christmas dinner, substituting Cheddar and Bacon dip for the French Onion dip. Excellent."
"Excellent. They are also good substituting Cheddar and Bacon dip for the French Onion dip."