French Onion Deviled Eggs
French onion dip adds flavor to the creamy filling in these popular appetizers. For a pretty presentation, pipe the filling into the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika, suggests Joyce Turley of Slaughters, Kentucky.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons French onion dip
- 1 teaspoon evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Paprika, optional
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In
- a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, onion dip, milk and
- mustard; mix well.
- Pipe or stuff into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 141 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 216 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.