- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large saucepan, combine soup and dip. Add cheese. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted; keep warm. Serve with bread cubes or vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for French Onion Cheese Fondue
"I tweaked this just a little bit. Instead of soup packets, I just buy Campbell's French onion soup cans, and I add half and half for creaminess. I love it!"
"I disagree, everyone has an opinion and I value what people think of each recipe. Be honest, that is how I judge if I will give this recipe a try."
"The French onion packets were WAY too overpowering. And it was disgustingly salty. I only used have of the French onion dip then the recipe calls for and it was way too much. Not to mention it made it a disgusting dark brown color."
"if you dont like it dont say because it puts other people off.thnkyou"
"Super easy and good. Made for a ladies gathering and it was gone!!!"
"Super simple and delicious! Have made many times and everyone loves it!"
"I love fondue and the french onion with the cheese sounded great but my entire family disliked the fondue, the flavours didn't compliment each other as I had expected"
"This was super simple to make and delicious with fresh veggies. I will definitely be using this again."
"I just made this for some friends and everyone raved about it. I accidentally put a whole 16 oz carton of prepared french onion dip into the pot (instead of 8 oz) but it was wonderful! I will do it again that way next time. Adults as well as kids mopped this up - this one's a keeper."
"4 ounces of French onion dip would be sufficient."