French Onion Burgers Recipe
"I created French Onion Burgers one day when I needed to stretch a pound of hamburger," recalls Beth Johnson of Dalton, Ohio. "When we have high school boys help with baling hay, this is one of their favorite foods to enjoy after the work is done."
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and diced
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, onions, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or a until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC