- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and diced
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, onions, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or a until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for French Onion Burgers
"These are very flavorful and the mushrooms really keep the meat juicy."
"We made these yesterday and it was a great change to a grilled burger. This would be awesome with a slice of Swiss."
"made these burgers for a family get together and people raved about them, great way to spruce up just a reg hambergur. We ended up making all our hambergurs this way from now on,."
"A family favorite."