French Omelet Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg substitute, milk, salt and pepper. Coat a 10-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 2. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle the ham, onion and green pepper on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 omelet equals 180 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 230 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.