French Omelet Recipe
This cheesy, chock-full-of-flavor omelet is modeled after one Bernice Morris tasted and loved in a Marshfield, Missouri restaurant. “Mine is so hearty and rich-tasting that folks never guess it's low in fat,“ she confides.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg substitute, milk, salt and pepper. Coat a 10-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle the ham, onion and green pepper on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as French Omelet in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for French Omelet(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >