- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg substitute, milk, salt and pepper. Coat a 10-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle the ham, onion and green pepper on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for French Omelet
Sort By :
"I prepared this omelet for breakfast the other morning and both my husband and I loved it. HIs one word review was "Yummo". We are both trying to take a few pounds off from the holidays and this breakfast hit the spot. Not only healthy but delicious. I highly recommend this recipe as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home."
"one word - mmmmmmmmmmmmm! i used all real eggs though, as we have our own hens. I think they would be offended if I used a substitute."
"one word - mmmmmmmmmmmmm!"