- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Whisk together first five ingredients.
- Place a 10-in. skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, top one side with remaining ingredients. Fold omelet in half. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for French Omelet
"This omelet was delicious and smelled just as good! Instead of using ham, I used Canadian Bacon. I'm not usually a fan of green peppers but stuck with them. They complimented the onions well. The cheese really tied everything together. I also used all eggs since I don't usually have the egg substitute on hand."
"I prepared this omelet for breakfast the other morning and both my husband and I loved it. HIs one word review was "Yummo". We are both trying to take a few pounds off from the holidays and this breakfast hit the spot. Not only healthy but delicious. I highly recommend this recipe as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home."
"one word - mmmmmmmmmmmmm! i used all real eggs though, as we have our own hens. I think they would be offended if I used a substitute."
"one word - mmmmmmmmmmmmm!"