- Remove ham hocks; set aside until cool enough to handle. Add the
- tomatoes, onions, lemon juice, garlic and chili powder to the beans.
- Simmer 1 hour longer.
- Remove ham from bones and cut into cubes; discard bones. Return ham
- to soup. Stir in the kielbasa, chicken, wine and parsley. Simmer for
- 30-40 minutes or until heated through and as thick as desired.
- Yield: 12 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 291 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 18 g fiber, 23 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now