French Market Sandwiches
"I first tasted this warm ham and cheese sandwich at a luncheon, and it quickly became a favorite in our house," says Florence McNulty of Montebello, California. "I keep some in the freezer for fast meals. My bridge club enjoys them with soup and fresh fruit."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 10 croissants, split
- 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine butter, mustard,
- onions, poppy seeds and curry powder. Spread over cut sides of
- croissants. Place ham and cheese on croissants; replace tops. Wrap
- individually in foil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 476 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 1,303 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.