French Lemon-Apricot Tart Recipe
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1. Place the flour, confectioners' sugar, butter and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk, processing just until mixture forms a soft dough. Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 10-12 min. or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- 3. In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, lemon juice, sugar and lemon peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Pour into crust. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Spread preserves over tart. Garnish with mint if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for French Lemon-Apricot Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.