French Lemon-Apricot Tart Recipe
If you like citrus, you’ll love this lovely lemon tart. The apricot preserves add sheen and a nice bit of sweetness. Bon appetite!Peggy Lunde, Costa Mesa, California
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Place the flour, confectioners' sugar, butter and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk, processing just until mixture forms a soft dough. Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 10-12 min. or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, lemon juice, sugar and lemon peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Pour into crust. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread preserves over tart. Garnish with mint if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as French Lemon-Apricot Tart in Country Woman
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for French Lemon-Apricot Tart(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Lemon Tart Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >