French Kiss Truffles Recipe
These truffles are so impressive that they won first place at Wisconsin State Fair. These two-tone creamy candies combine an orange-flavored white chocolate and milk chocolate.Gerry Cofta, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Additional milk and white baking chocolate, melted
- Place white chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1/3 cup cream just to a boil. Pour over white chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in orange peel and extract.
- Place milk chocolate in another small bowl. In same saucepan, bring remaining cream just to a boil. Pour over milk chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool both mixtures to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until firm.
- To form centers, take 1-1/2 teaspoons of each chocolate mixture and shape into a two-tone ball, about 1 in. round. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, whisk semisweet chocolate until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets; drizzle with additional chocolate as desired. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 32 servings.
Originally published as French Kiss Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p167
Reviews for French Kiss Truffles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Holiday Candy >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >