French Dip Subs with Beer Dipping Sauce Recipe
These savory subs make a family-pleasing meal that comes together in no time. The tender roast beef goes great with the hearty beer dipping sauce and a garnish of banana peppers.—Susan Simons, McKenna, Washington
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 tablespoons spicy ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add the roast beef, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano and pepper. Stir in beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, place beef on buns. Serve with cooking juices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich with 1/4 cup au jus: 345 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 926mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for French Dip Subs with Beer Dipping Sauce
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2015
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC