French Dip Sandwiches
I found this recipe in one of our local publications. It's great for an easy winter meal, since the meat cooks all day without any attention.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hard rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy
- sauce, bouillon and seasonings; pour over roast. Add water to almost
- cover roast. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is
- very tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Discard bay leaf. Shred meat with two
- forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls with
- broth. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (without roll, prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 175 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.