French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hard rolls, split
- 1. Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, bouillon and seasonings; pour over roast. Add water to almost cover roast. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 2. Remove roast; cool slightly. Discard bay leaf. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls with broth. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
One serving (without roll, prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 175 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.