French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Sliced French bread
- Place roast on a rack in a pressure cooker; sprinkle with oregano, rosemary, seasoned salt and pepper. Add broth, bay leaf and garlic. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 1 hour. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. remove beef; shred with two forks. Discard bay leaf and garlic from broth. Serve shredded beef on French bread with broth for dipping. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for French Dip Sandwiches(4)
Sort By :
Use the juices left in the pressure cooker for the dipping broth.
How do you make the broth for the dip?
Try a crock pot. I make country style boneless pork ribs in Woody's cookin sauce that pull apart with a fork this way. UMMM, good!
Would love to make this but don't have a pressure cooker. Is there an alternate method?
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >
- Roast Recipes >