French Christmas Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups milk chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk. Gradually add the crumbs and mix well. Stir in chips and walnuts.
- Fill miniature foil baking cups three-fourths full. Place 1 in. apart on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks. Top each cookie with 1/4 teaspoon melted chocolate. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 9-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for French Christmas Cookies(14)
Sort By :
made them for the first time they were a hit !!!!
I was disappointed in the texture. Next time I would not chop the walnuts so fine as the chocolate chips seem overwhelming. I have not baked all of them yet and put some miniature marshmallows in the freezer and hope my chopper will chop them up a bit. Think a little white would add to the color--maybe a few chopped cherries too!
Not sure what happened. Followed recipe exactly and the result wasn't good. Sorry I wasted all those walnuts :0(
I used mini muffin pans and non-stick spray and they came out fine. Very good.
These cookies are amazing!! I made them last year as part of my Christmas cookies and I had to make several additional batches! They were such a hit! I already have people asking me to bring them functions and it's only September! My only trouble was getting them out of the foil cups, so I used baking spray on mini muffin pans and made them without the foil cups.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >