These moist treats will have everyone reaching for more. Folks tell me they enjoy the cookies. In fact, the batches I make ahead for my family and store in the freezer seem to mysteriously disappear each year—even though the chocolate topping I put on before serving hasn't been added yet! —Judy Wilder, Mankato, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk. Gradually beat cracker crumbs into creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts and 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Fill 2-in. foil baking cup liners three-fourths full. Place 1 in. apart in 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as French Christmas Cookies in Country Woman November/December 1996, p20
Reviews for French Christmas Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review