- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk. Gradually beat cracker crumbs into creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts and 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Fill 2-in. foil baking cup liners three-fourths full. Place 1 in. apart in 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for French Christmas Cookies
Sort By :
"Agree with CraftyJen, would not make these again!"
"used paper cups in a mini muffin pan. If you spray them first they pop right out. Used peanut butter and mini choc. chips. also used pecans instead of walnuts. pretty good reciped. My husband rated them a B"
"I followed the recipe exactly and the cookies stuck to the foil cup. The outside of the cookie was firm and after baking them for 13 minutes, the centers were soft and fell apart. Very messy and a waste of money spent on the ingredients."
"made them for the first time they were a hit !!!!"
"I was disappointed in the texture. Next time I would not chop the walnuts so fine as the chocolate chips seem overwhelming. I have not baked all of them yet and put some miniature marshmallows in the freezer and hope my chopper will chop them up a bit. Think a little white would add to the color--maybe a few chopped cherries too!Jody"