French Christmas Cookies
These moist treats will have everyone reaching for more. Folks tell me they enjoy the cookies. In fact, the batches I make ahead for my family and store in the freezer seem to mysteriously disappear each year—even though the chocolate topping I put on before serving hasn't been added yet! —Judy Wilder, Mankato, Minnesota
114 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups milk chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in milk. Gradually add the crumbs and mix well. Stir in chips
- and walnuts.
- Fill miniature foil baking cups three-fourths full. Place 1 in. apart
- on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool on wire racks. Top each cookie with 1/4 teaspoon melted
- chocolate. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 9-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 32 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.