- coffee. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to
- chocolate mixture alternately with buttermilk (batter will be
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring sugar, milk and butter to a
- gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is
- dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in extract.
- Invert cakes onto wire racks; drizzle with glaze. Cool completely. In
- a microwave, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate until spreadable, stirring occasionally.
- Place one cake on a serving plate; spread with filling. Top with
- remaining cake. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake.
- Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with chocolate curls. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 558 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.