- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 4 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, mustard and ketchup; set aside.
- Unroll dough starting at the seam. Pat into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Spoon meat mixture lengthwise down the center of the dough; top with cheese slices. Bring long sides of dough to the center over filling; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- With a sharp knife, cut diagonal slits in top of loaf. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for French Cheeseburger Loaf
Sort By :
"Great recipe! I added green chiles because we like a bit of spice. I also made a beer dough in the bread machine instead of frozen dough. Its a good base recipe but i would recommend dressing it up a bit with onion and garlic powder too."
"I make this often and now just use this as a guide. I add in different spices and extra veggies sometimes!"
"This was such a hit with my family - I am making it again tonight."
"Very bland! Everyone ate it but no one liked it."
"This is fairly good, something different. I like to squirt just a little yellow mustard on top once it's finished cooking."