- sausage until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in broth, parsley
- and seasonings. Reduce heat; cover and cook on low 20 minutes. Stir
- in bread crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line four 9-in. pie plates with bottom
- crusts; trim pastry even with edges. Fill each with about 4 cups
- filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit tops of pies; place over
- filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Cover edges of remaining pies loosely with foil. Bake at for 25
- minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake 15-20 minutes
- longer or until crusts are golden brown.
- Yield: 4 pies (8 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 469 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.