French Breakfast Puffs Recipe
"Rather than serve typical pastries, I like to make these light tender treats when I have guests at breakfast," writes Kimberly Flora from Peru, Indiana. "Everyone enjoys their sweet cinnamon and sugar coating."
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, beat shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and egg until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to the sugar mixture alternately with milk.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll the warm puffs in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving equals 233 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for French Breakfast Puffs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC