French Bread Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 jar (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and mushrooms; set aside.
- 2. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then into eight pieces. Spread meat sauce on bread; place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melted and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
2 piece: 296 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for French Bread Pizza
"Have been making this recipe for years everyone in my family loves it and our kids friends love it as well. Always a great goto meal if time is crunched."
"This was delicious. I made it more like traditional pizza though and used pepperoni instead of the ground beef."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.