French Bread Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 jar (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and mushrooms; set aside.
- 2. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then into eight pieces. Spread meat sauce on bread; place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melted and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
2 piece: 296 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for French Bread Pizza
"Have been making this recipe for years everyone in my family loves it and our kids friends love it as well. Always a great goto meal if time is crunched."
"This was delicious. I made it more like traditional pizza though and used pepperoni instead of the ground beef."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.