Penni Barringer jazzes up frozen green beans with onion, bacon and bottled salad dressing for a cool dish that's as big on flavor as it is on convenience. "I created this recipe after trying a similar salad at a restaurant," explains the Rosalia, Washington reader.
Recommended: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- In a serving bowl, combine the beans, onion and bacon; stir in dressing. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as French Bean Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p11
Reviews for French Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2013
"Delicious and very easy to make! We really like this salad."
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2009
"Wanted to try something different on my son's graduation party and I wanted something quick and tasty. This receipe was it. I used low cal ranch dressing instead. Loved it."